At Tripla, we make travelers happy. Whether it be for booking the perfect hotel room, dining at the trendiest restaurant, or partaking in an exciting excursion, we build smart, AI driven products to allow travelers plan the perfect trip. In the short amount of time that we’ve been around, Tripla チャットボット has become Japan’s most popular chatbot in the industry, and the pace of growth is only increasing. We’re currently expanding our services into many other areas, but we need a talented data engineer to help us get there.
As a central member of the analytics team, you will be responsible for the storage, transformation, and flow of all data across the company. You’ll be ensuring the product engineering, data science, and executive teams have all of their data needs delivered in a clean, consistent, and optimal manner. Whether it be for business analytics, machine learning, or augmenting one of the apps, you’ll be designing and building data pipelines from the ground up, setting the foundation from which our company is powered.
The ideal candidate is experienced and self-directed. Comfortable supporting multiple teams, systems, and products. The candidate is excited by the prospect of working with new AI technologies and cutting edge experimental products. Perhaps most importantly, the candidate should want to be a part of a team. Nothing at Tripla is accomplished by one person. The candidate must have strong communication skills and the desire to tackle challenges as a group.
* Develop and enhance all components of our data infrastructure: data lake, warehouses, ETL pipelines, ‘marts’, etc.
* Build and upkeep automated machine learning data pipelines.
* Filter down large structured and unstructured data into digestible visualizations for making actionable business decisions.
* Create tools for measuring, analyzing and diagnosing machine learning models and their inputs.
* Work with stakeholders including the executive, product, data, and design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
* Automate and scale our resources and pipelines to accommodate the sharply increasing data requirements.
* 5+ years of some form of software engineering experience (at least 3 of which are in data engineering)
* Advanced understanding of SQL and relational databases in general.
* Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ pipelines – stitching together data from large disconnected datasets.
* Extensive experience with object-oriented/object functional languages, e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, C++, etc.
* Experience in working with AWS big data cloud services, e.g: Glue, Data Pipeline, Lambda, RDS, Redshift, etc.
* Experience in working with Apache Spark (preferably PySpark).
* Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
* English fluency
* Graduate degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or some other quantitative discipline.
* Experience in building automated scraping tools.
* Exposure to constructing training pipelines for machine learning models.