tripla, K.K. is one of the fastest growing startups in hospitality industry in Japan, where the market is rapidly expanding. We provide our customers (hotels, restaurants and other hospitality-oriented companies) with a variety of services including question answering systems, reservation handling, and digital marketing through our AI chatbot.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, developing micro services to support the rapid growth of services and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application.
If this sounds like you, we want to talk!
– Possess a good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
– Experience designing, building large-scale Ruby on Rails applications
– Experience in building APIs for client facing-apps in Ruby on Rails
– Experience in creating and maintaining scalable infrastructure leveraging modern AWS products like RDS, ElastiCache, Dynamo DB and others
– Basic familiarity with networking systems, load balancers, and TCP/IP network constructs.
– Experience in building micro service structure
– Passion for always improving (yourself, the app, the company, etc.)
– Ownership: You feel responsible for creating an excellent, end-to-end platform that supports the needs of our users.
– Comfort with data: you know when you don’t know enough to make a design decision, and you seek out answers.
– An interest in exploration: you think about what to build now and what to build in the future.
– English fluency.